Greenpoint, October, 2015

Friday, February 24, 2012

For Love or Money

EZ Street?
This poster for the New York Lottery on the 7 train platform at 82nd St. caught my eye when it went up a couple weeks back. I enjoyed the idea of a private tube in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. No matter how rich you are, I mused, you're going to need to get to the BQE.

When I looked at it again yesterday morning I started. I'd made a terrible mistake. Close readers of this blog will recall that on January 27 (BTB #203) I called attention to a poster for the newest Kate Beckinsale vehicle Underworld Awakening. In the lower lefthand corner someone had sharpied "Chulita te amo."

Take a closer look at our lottery ad: Same spot on the platform, same corner, different poster, but same message. It wasn't a case of Kate after all. Just a platform for his affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment