Greenpoint, October, 2015

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Sentinel

Waiting on the 8:53 to Babylon
Take a look at this photo I shot from the LIRR platform in Woodside. Nothing special, right? If you look closer, though, you can make out the figure of a very white guy standing on the corner of the office building in the center. Take a closer look.
What's up, Doc?
I did a double-take when I saw him the other day. We've got a jumper flashed through my mind. Granted, a very very stupid jumper since the two-story fall wasn't likely to kill him. Fortunately, he would be right in front of the Total Body Healthcare center.

On second thought, I realized he was there to promote the healthcare center. I don't know about you, but there's something mildly creepy about a human size figure perched on the edge of a rooftop. Somebody should remind the good folks at Total Body that scarecrows are meant to drive away the crows, not bring them in.

1 comment:

  1. I think there must be a Brodsky poem suitable for this....

    ReplyDelete