Greenpoint, October, 2015

Friday, April 5, 2013

Greening the BQE, Part VI

Neptune's Lair
Before I reveal my favorite BQE garland, or garnish, let's take a little detour (for you maybe) to Staten Island. This nameless triangle is formed by Gannon Boulevard North (functionally, an off-ramp of the SI Expressway), Victory Boulevard, and tiny dog-legged Neptune Place.

"Friend," one of the old guys in the van called me over. "Wadda you doing?"


"Nothing really," I meant to reassure. "It's just a hobby"

"What is?"

"Photography."

"Photography. We thought you were going to put us on the television."

The "beautification (of) this site" is provided by Drs. Mailman, Flug & Ozer. But is there anything that beautifies a park more than a dog-wagon? (The dogs did smell good, but 10:30 was a bit early in the day for me.)

1 comment: