Greenpoint, October, 2015

Saturday, January 7, 2012

High Art?

Up from "the Ditch" on the BQE
Can you make it out, just peeking up from the roof of this Brooklyn condo building? The unmistakeable antics of a Keith Haring figure. It seems highly unlikely that the artist painted a mural for a building that was probably thrown up after his death in 1990. Thanks to Curbed.com, a real estate site, we have our answer.

The painting belongs to the patio of a condo apartment on Mcgraw Street. Recently listed at $1,299,000, the entire condo is decorated, if that's the word, in homage to Keith Haring's work. Check out the photos from the listing below).

Dig the padded walls!
Is it just me, or is there something a bit off about the street-art vibe of Haring's work used to doll up a $1.3M penthouse?  I feel like I'm the little yellow guy in Haring's Pop Shop III from 1989 (below).

Tomorrow, my choice for the 80's artist to decorate my dream condo.
"The horror..."

No comments:

Post a Comment