Greenpoint, October, 2015

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Kwik One

In which your correspondent takes a break
From all the heavy lifting of late

I caught the end of a TV commercial on NY1 for Kwik Lube. A pretty woman singing with a Caribbean or West Indian lilt in front of a Kwik Lube store. My short term memory loss prevents me from supplying the words, but it had something to do with letting us make your life a little easier. I'm a Jiffy Lube man myself, but still it recalled something... What was it? Then it hit me. Sister Carol singing over the closing credits from Something Wild, Jonathan Demme's great 1986 movie with Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels. Here they are, closing credits worth the price of admission and surely the funkiest take on the Chip Taylor song, "Wild Thing." Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment