Greenpoint, October, 2015

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Vector Vendetta

Alien landing?
Vectors are everywhere. The only thing I learned in my high school physics class and I still have no idea what it means. Oh, I don't blame the professor. I was hopelessly over my head from the word go. For decidedly nonpedagogical reasons, I wasn't dumped into a lower level science class (as I was from Algebra II to Senior Math (aka, checkbook balancing)) but allowed to hang around until the end of the year when a totally meaningless B was inscribed in my report card.

The BQE explained?
The vectors in the photo above are actually beams of the superstructure of the Kosciuszko bridge shot through the "sunroof" on a rainy day. If you want a refresher in vectorology, this tutorial site looks promising--but how would I know?

1 comment:

  1. if all you remember is "Vectors are everywhere" then YOU must watch this 10 minute (acadamy award winning!) cartoon--right up to the very last minute! Nothing to do with the BQE--but all about vectors.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGh97__-uLA

    ReplyDelete