Greenpoint, October, 2015

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Buffalo Beauty

I rarely find anything to connect to in the Times Business section. But Sunday's version sometimes brings a little treasure, like  photograph for a story on imminent expiration of the Federal Highway Trust Fund. It concerns a Republican-led gimmick to link lower pension set-asides for employees to a bump in taxes to replenish the fund. No surprise. The real pleasure is Brendan Bannon's photograph of road repair along I-290 in Buffalo.
(Photo: Brendan Bannon for The New York Times)
When I saw it first in B&W in the print edition, I thought for a moment it was a photograph from the 60s or 70s given the beautiful Plymouth Fury (or so I believe) gleaming in the sun. But of course, the pylons and barrels and yellow rental truck belie that theory. Still beautiful in color from the digital edition. The car is in much better shape than the roads, which of course is the real story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment