Greenpoint, October, 2015

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Foilage

Below the fortress 
Sometimes just getting to the BQE is enough. Yesterday morning, with an unwarranted sense of accomplishment, having just got an oil change and car wash, I set out for the 43rd St. portal to the BQE. Because of street paving, I was shunted off to 51st Ave. and into a vortex of cars coming off the LIE and trying to get on it and to the tunnel. All the one-way street signs were pointed at me like darts. 
WRG or WTF?




As I crept towards Greenpoint Ave. and escape, I couldn't help but feel the WR Group's sign was flipping me off. What do you think?


But a detour is still a tour, and without it I wouldn't have approached the BQE further up off 51st Ave. and would have missed the late foliage in the shadow of the BQE. Look at how that exit sign picks up the yellow in the trees. Ravishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment