Greenpoint, October, 2015

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Riding with the King

(September 2016)
Something is up with the Antenna King. For months, I've been passing the iconic sign on the Gowanus Expressway in Bay Ridge. Was there always a faded "Play Free Win $" sign underneath the phone number. Finally had a chance to have the boys in Research Bureau check it out. They went back to a photo from the post "Six Minutes to the Antenna King" from October 2012.
(October 2012)
As I suspected, the Antenna King part had been moved up to make way for the new (old) message. What's the motivation for moving one tattered sign to make room for an equally tattered one? I guess I'll just have to stop in and ask the King? (NB: No area code on the phone number.)

I always think of the Antenna King sign as the poor man's Kentile sign. Who's with me in fighting to landmark it?

No comments:

Post a Comment