Greenpoint, October, 2015

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Diamonds on My Windshield

I made this cellphone camera still (a "tellie"?) from an episode of Freaks and Geeks. I was doing some research on the cars the high schoolers drive, circa 1985: Kim Kelly's Gremlin, Daniel's Trans-Am, Nick's Maverick (see below). In this scene, Lindsay (Linda Cardellini) is pressured by her freak friends into "borrowing" her father's cherished station wagon to move their band gear. Here she is, just before she crashes Dad's car.

It reminded me of another image. I couldn't locate it until I was talking to a friend about an upcoming film at the NYFF with Juliette Binoche. Which led us to talk about a shared favorite, Krzysztof KieÅ›lowski's Blue. Of course, that film begins with a car crash.

A more typical picture of the freaks, minus Lindsay and Kim.

And one of the two-tone vans that have been haunting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment