Greenpoint, October, 2015

Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Own Private Colorado

The E train was packed when it left 53rd & Lexington, and now it was standing at Court Street. The dreaded "passenger in need of medical assistance." Our conductor added the detail, "We are waiting for EMS to arrive." Twice, five minutes apart. Not a hopeful sign if you get sick on the subway.

By a stroke of luck, I had a copy of Robert Adams' Denver photography collection (c. 1970-74) in my bag. I even got a seat when somebody in front of me gave up the ghost (not literally). With John Doe and Exene singing "See How We Are" for a soundtrack, I created my own black and white documentary.

Or a maybe a feature film, a la Wim Wenders. A girl in a white dress walks out of a trailer park...

No comments:

Post a Comment