Greenpoint, October, 2015

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Good, Good Gloucester

Here is what I accomplished in Gloucester on one Monday morning in early August...

-Spent an hour and a half at Good Harbor Beach. Fogbound when I arrived, I almost decided to skip the beach (and save $20 for parking), but it cleared half an hour after I arrived. The water was as cold as it was in Maine a week ago.

-Lost a beach chair (left if outside the changing room and forgot it).

-Peeked in at Our Lady of Good Voyage church. Only to discover a memorial mass going on. (At least I wasn't still wearing my trunks.)

-Had a linguica sub at Destino's with fried onions and peppers (or just "fried" as they say at Destino's).

-Walked around the Fort Hill neighborhood. (More about that soon.)

-Picked up a good coffee and a couple almond crescents for the road from the Italian pastry shop at the end of Main street.

...and made it back to Cambridge for afternoon meetings and evening performance (not mine).

2 comments:

  1. Sounds idyllic! But, then, Gloucester never fails to satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I would rather cross the bridge over the Annisquam than any other I can think of.

    ReplyDelete